Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pudding painting

I mentioned that up until this week, we'd used edible finger paints. I thought I'd post a picture of what we used to do!


This is the cute, chubby little hand of my daughter when she was eight months old. And this was also her first "painting" experience! We did pudding paintings for some special people in our family, and it worked wonderfully. Mix up a batch of instant vanilla pudding and add food coloring... then, just use as you would finger paints! The pudding is a little "wetter" than paint, but it dries just fine. It also seems to take a little longer to dry fully, but WILL dry! :)

We've done this project a few times, and I can say that it does seem to hold up better on cardstock rather than regular paper. Last year (when she was one year old), we did pink and purple pudding paintings, and I cut hearts out of them to send as her "valentines" to our friends and family. Cute, simple, and something that even a baby can do! :)

2 comments:

  1. Does it smell like pudding when dry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not really! I wonder if it would smell if you added some extract or something?

    ReplyDelete