Monday, March 8, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday: Yellow

It's Muffin Tin Monday! This week's theme was yellow. We went to the grocery store this morning, and my two-year-old was excited when I told her I had a "special lunch" for her at home! (This was great, too, because she would have rather done ANYTHING else but go home!)


Today's lunch consisted of:
  • grilled cheese (okay, that's a bit of a stretch... but the inside was yellow!)
  • pear yogurt (with a little yellow food coloring)
  • mango
  • macaroni and cheese
  • corn
  • dried pineapple and mango
The "trial" food today was the fresh mango. She used to like it when she was a baby, but not since then. She tried a couple pieces, but spit them back out. I think I'm going to try mango in a smoothie when the weather warms up a bit to see if it's a texture thing or if she sincerely just doesn't like the flavor of it.

She LOVED her yogurt and dried fruit! Those were definitely her favorites. :)

Next week's theme is green, which might be a challenge based on what foods she frequently refuses. :) I'm going to have to start thinking about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment