Monday, April 26, 2010

Young reader's clubs

Shortly after the first of the year, I signed my daughter up for a young reader's club through a local organization. Four times a year, three age-appropriate books are mailed to our home. At only $20 for the entire year, this program (which I discovered through our local library) is quite a bargain!


Our first batch of books came last week. I was excited, and even more excited that we didn't have any of these books already!


Have You Seen My Duckling? by Nancy Tafuri has very few words, but the pictures are beautiful. It was a Caldecott Honor book in 1985.


The missing duckling is hiding in each picture, so it's fun for your child to see if they can find it.


Clifford, The Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell is a classic! I know we have other Clifford books, but I don't believe we had the original in the series.


What's not to love about a giant puppy? It's two-year-old approved. :)


Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins is a book I hadn't heard of. Rosie (a hen) walks throughout the barnyard, narrowly slipping away from the sly fox who follows her throughout the story.


It's a very simplistic story with detailed pictures. The cause-and-effect theme builds right into a toddler's sense of humor and imagination!

Search out reading clubs for your little ones in your area, and please let us know if you find anything you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment