Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thank you cards


A habit I hope to instill in my daughter is that of writing thank you notes. When someone does something unexpected, goes out of their way to be kind to you, or gives you a gift, it's important to say thank you. However, writing thank you notes seems to be a lost art. It doesn't have to be fancy, and it doesn't have to take much time. But it's important to express gratitude for things you receive, and thank you notes are a nice way of showing appreciation.

At two, my daughter isn't ready for writing notes yet. She does, though, love to help with projects! I cut out these letters from different scraps of construction paper this morning, and then let her help me glue them on a paper. We will finish this card later today with some stickers and crayon scribbles, along with a brief note written by Mommy. :)

I know the recipients of this card will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment