I've come across so many FABULOUS blogs recently that are written by moms of young children, moms of older children, homeschooling moms, Christian moms... so much insight, and so many wonderful ideas! Lots of times while reading through their posts, I think to myself "Why didn't I think of that?! It's so simple and yet so perfect for ____!" And there have been plenty of times I've thought "Wow, I never would have thought of that in a MILLION years!" :)
Now that my two-year-old is telling me on a (nearly) daily basis "Want to do a project!" I've had to step things up a bit around here. And when she says she wants to do a project, she doesn't mean just sit around and color. She wants to CREATE something! :) I have more ideas available to me than I know what to do with, but I'm having some difficulty trying to organize them. I'm hoping to figure out a solution to that dilemma soon... I don't want any fun activity to fall through the cracks!
My newest favorite finds include:
- Confessions of a Homeschooler - Okay, maybe this site is well-known to everyone in the Western Hemisphere except me, but I just found it! I am in LOVE. Not only is Erica coming from a Christian perspective, not only does she homeschool three of her kids, not only is she talented in graphic design... but she also provides all her resources FOR FREE!! That's an exciting thing in my book! :)
- Muffin Tin Mom - Another great Christian mom blog! This is one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things... what kiddo wouldn't enjoy eating from a muffin tin? How about muffin tin sorting? Or using muffin tins to hold a yummy snack that accompanies a book?
- The Crafty Crow - This is a fantastic site for keeping up on all the best ideas out there from a variety of bloggers. Featured crafts range from simple to fancy, young child to adult, quick to more involved. I especially like that you can pull up crafts by the right age range for your kids. And I've found a few things I'm pretty darn excited about myself. I'm so making this heart garland. And, as luck would have it, I happened to pick up some paint samples today before I even saw this fun idea!
- Craft Projects - Speaking of crafty blogs, check this one out! The posts are less frequent than at Craft Crow, but there are some darling ideas! I'm thinking of some family members that will definitely be receiving these at some point in the future. :)
- Celebrate Every Day - Sounds like a winner just from the name, huh? :) This is another wonderful Christian/homeschooling resource for all of us who fit those categories! I'm tucking away the animal matching idea that accompanies Brown Bear.