Friday, February 12, 2010

Magnetic picture clips

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll preface this post by saying I actually didn't do this craft with my daughter. It was the activity from our moms group at church this week, but I still thought it was really cute and creative! I'll eventually use this method, possibly in a different theme, with my daughter. I've seen some other really cute similar ideas online as well!


You will need:
  • Foam cut-outs (pre-cut, or cut out yourself), preferably with a sticky back (if not, glue works just fine!)
  • Ribbon (optional)
  • Permanent fine-tip markers (optional)
  • Glue stick (a hot glue gun may hold better, though)
  • Clothespin
  • Peel-n-stick magnets


Assemble the shapes in whatever design you like. Add ribbon and/or decorate with markers. Please ignore that this one is a bit crooked. I was being chatty at the time and wasn't paying attention. :)


Attach with glue stick or hot glue gun to a clothespin. (Obviously, take caution when using a hot glue gun... it's not as kid-friendly as a glue stick!)


Attach a magnet or two to the back of the clothespin. The peel-n-stick magnets that come in a roll work great, but regular, cheap magnets are fine, too. I had a college professor who said she always saved whatever cheap, freebie magnets she had (you know, like you get in the mail, pick up at fairs, etc.), and would cut them up to use for projects like this. It works perfectly, and what a great way to reuse something you'd ordinarily trash!


The finished products! They are ready slap on your fridge and hold your current favorite pictures, while still looking festive! This would be a fun addition to any holiday pictures we all send to grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment