Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic rings

I'm not huge into the Olympics, but they do only come around every two or four years (depending on if you're talking about the winter or summer Olympics, of course). My two-year-old is a little too young to really understand anything about what the Olympics are or show even a remote interest in it, so I'm going to have to save some of the really super cute ideas I've been seeing for another year. But, we had a few free minutes this morning, so instead of turning to my DVR, I turned to the craft drawers instead. :) It took about ten minutes to prep, and then maybe another five minutes or so to complete. Definitely a quick craft!


You will need:
  • Five construction paper ring cut-outs, one each of blue, yellow, black, green, and red (although this would be really cute to do with colored pipe cleaners with older kids!)
  • Piece of paper
  • Glue


Since I'm not a fantastic circle-cutter, I used a large can of tomatoes for the outside of the ring, and a small can of tomato paste for the inside. Use what you have on hand!


Allow your child to glue each ring, and then stick it on the paper. They will need some help in getting the rings in the correct order, but don't worry about trying to get them on perfectly straight. That's part of what makes it cute! Coincidentally, this turns out to be a great trick for tracing the letter "O," if you're working on that sort of thing. :)


The finished product... just in case you need a little help remembering which color goes where. I had to double check online. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment