Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter eggs in grass

The Easter Bunny is on his way! Here's a quick and easy craft we did to celebrate.


You will need:
  • Piece of paper
  • Cut out bunny (or draw your own)
  • Jelly beans
  • "American" moss (I had this leftover from a floral arrangement I'd done a long time ago, but I'm thinking Spanish moss or any other greenery would be just fine! You could even use that plastic green grass that you can find this time of year to put in Easter baskets.)
  • Glue

Have your child start by gluing the cut-out bunny on the paper. I'm sure there are much cuter and more creative ways to add a bunny to this scene, but we were going for quick on this one! After all, this craft is all about the jelly beans! :)


Lay out some of the American moss/Spanish moss/plastic grass strips.


Add glue to the bottom of the picture.


See that peach blur at the top of the picture? That's my daughter's hand "stamping" the grass down on the glue. :)


Next comes the really fun part! Have your child make dots of glue wherever they want on the picture (or you can put the glue on for them).


Add jelly beans for the "Easter eggs" that the Easter bunny is hiding!


At first, she wanted to put the jelly beans on the bare parts of the paper, and that's fine. But when I showed her how the "eggs" could be hiding in the grass... that was a HUGE hit! She would look at me and giggle each time she "hid" another one. :)


I made sure to save this activity for after lunchtime, because I figured that for every one jelly bean she put on her picture, she'd eat at least three or four. :) However, luck was on my side and she didn't even realize they were candy! This project was a winner all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment